Thursday, April 18, 2013

Coachella Trip Day 1 (Palm Springs, CA)


Getting to spend some time with the folks in Palm Springs
It's been a long couple of days traveling that have gotten me here to Palm Springs. Describing travel days is always difficult as that it is simultaneously the part of a trip that everyone can most relate to while also being the most forgettable. I usually try to pass my time by people watching but even that failed me, as that there were no truly curious characters to watch, even at Anchorage's Ted Stevens International Airport which is usually the Walmart of airports. My travel days consisted of me leaving work in Prudhoe Bay, AK, bright and early on April 17, and got to spend the day in Anchorage before jumping on a red-eye flight to arrive in Palm Springs on the morning of the 18th.
After the tedium of traveling all night it was a wonderful treat to get in and spend the day hanging out with my folks. We are planning on a nice Mexican dinner tonight at a place called Las Casuelas Nuevas with my Uncle and Aunt. That is one thing that I've always missed living in Alaska is quality Mexican food, so I'm really excited for dinner.
So I'll be taking it easy for the most part tonight, then tomorrow at noon the festival begins. I'll keep you all posted on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment