Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Coachella Trip Day 5 (Temecula, CA)

Picking up some vino in Temecula, California
This morning I woke up stiff and soar, nursing blisters and coughing up half the desert. But fortunately for me we would not be doing anything too strenuous, other than persuing another one of my favorite things to do... drinking.
As that I will be in wine country in both Southern California as well as Washington, it is time to restock the wine rack. So my parents and I made the 70 miles of twisting, winding roads through the mountains to the wine town of Temecula that has 35 different wineries to choose from. We made stops at Baily Winery which was probably my favorite but the Mount Palomar Winery was certainly the most beautiful. It was a small wine haul, but it will suffice. I picked up a white blend from Baily, and a nice grenache from the oldest winery in the Temecula Valley, the Van Roekel Winery, and a wonderful dessert wine from Mount Palomar. Those combined with a few wines from Washington here in a few days should have the wine rack looking better in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment