Monday, February 24, 2014

Bay Area Trip Day 4 (Anchorage, AK)


Aaaaaaaand we're off! Sitting in the Starbucks at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport soaking in some caffeine to keep me at least in a low mental fog through our late night flight to San Francisco. The trick is to get just caffeinated enough to get yourself onto the plane where the coffee wears off and you go into crash mode and can sleep despite having a middle seat and a child three rows back screaming like it just lost its left pinkey toe. Even if my ambitious plan doesn't work, at least I have managed to prove the lengths that my justifications will stretch, and got a cup of coffee out of the deal to boot. Oh Starbucks, you are my only friend.
Many of my coworkers travel on Sundays, so I am expecting to see some of them skulking around the air terminal. Part of me is looking forward to seeing them, and another part remembers that EVERYONE is grouchy when flying red-eyes so they may not be the witty raconteurs that I'm used to... neither am I for that matter.

The weekend spent in Anchorage after getting off of work was well spent, if not altogether productive. It was a much needed opportunity to catch up on some sleep, and take our time getting packed up for the journey. I did get to sit down for dinner with my cousin, Molly and her daughter who were passing through town. I would say that I never get to see her often enough, but that would be misleading because I CAN never see her enough. She's always a joy, and a ball of enthusiasm.. I atulate her on her upcoming wedding. Ursa and I would like to wish you both a lifetime of happiness.
Well, I've got a plane to catch. Talk to you all from San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment