Thursday, September 20, 2012

Canada Road Trip Day 3 (Twin Falls, Idaho)

Boise's Capitol Boulevard on Friday (above) versus Saturday (below)

We woke up in Boise to the whole Treasure Valley filled to choking with smoke from the Trinity Ridge Fire which is currently devouring the Boise National Forest to the north of the city, near Featherville. The blaze has grown to 119,000 acres. Ursa and I rushed back to the Boise Depot where I had gotten a nice shot of Capitol Boulevard the day before, so that we could put together the comparative picture seen above. To give all credit where credit is due, Ursa, was the one who cut the two images together.
After our little photography side trek, we went with my friend Eric McIndoo to go play some putt-putt golf. It's a little tradition for Ursa and I to challenge each other at mini golf, and always made especially fun by having a good friend along for the experience. Unfortunately both Eric and Ursa tied for first, which means that they both beat me. . . I'm pretty sure they cheated.
After that, it was off to Twin Falls to get my car ready for our road trip. My car has been in storage for the last two years, and it's going to take a little bit of work to get it operational again. Lets face it, it's going to take a little work to get it clean enough to spend the next week driving every day. So I've got my work cut out for me.
BASE jumper
After we got to town and got settled in; we had dinner with another friend, Dusty Blackburn; I took a walk over to the Perrine Bridge just in time to watch a group of BASE jumpers parachute the 3,600 foot drop, down to the base of the Snake River Canyon. The bridge is one of the few man made structures in the United States that allows BASE jumping all year round.
My timing was also good, because I was at the Snake River Canyon at the right time to catch a spectacular sunset. A spectacular finish to the day.

Sunset over the Snake River Canyon


No comments:

Post a Comment